Lake Country ArtWalk 2021 presents: ‘Taking It Outside’ - a plein air experience
In light of falling case numbers, fewer restrictions and the Province of BC's updated Restart Plan, ArtWalk plans to produce a different and special event for this year.
The Lake County ArtWalk Planning Committee is hopeful and optimistic as we announce that ArtWalk 2021 will present: Taking it Outside - a plein air experience.
We are moving ahead with the event planning, but depending on health restrictions in place on or before the event date, we may have to change or cancel plans. We will monitor Public Health Order reports closely and keep in touch with you.
What is the Taking It Outside event?
Imagine 40 artists set up at 15 sites around Lake Country, some at wineries, some in parks, some at urban sites, and some a little deeper into nature. In accordance with a plein air approach, artists will create their artworks on site. They will paint, sculpt, felt, stitch, hammer or draw, and will also have a display of their own completed artworks for sale. ArtWalk will produce the map to lead the public through this free, self-guided tour of the plein air artists.
- Here are a few details to give you the basics of this event, more details to follow:
- Open to all art forms.
- Artists must create or demonstrate on site.
- Participation Fee: $50 (information about payment of this fee will be provided later)
- One day only, on September 11, 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Artist Applications will open online June 21 – July 7 at lakecountryartwalk.ca.
- Jurying will be completed and artists notified by July 10.
- There will be 2 or 3 artists at each site, safely spaced. Signage will mark the sites.
- Artists will use their own supplies and set-up for their art making and for the display of art.
- Artists will take care of their own sales.
- An ArtWalk volunteer will be available to assist with each site.
- The Map will serve as a passport to encourage the public to go to all sites.
- This event will be completely outdoors in order to comply with covid19 restrictions.
We are excited to be planning the Taking it Outside this year and hope that you will consider being part of an event that will support artists and present art to the public in a safe and creative way.
We are going to keep our fingers crossed that the improving Covid-19 situation in BC continues to get even better, but if for any reason, things go in the opposite direction, we will contact you to let you know how that will affect Taking it Outside.